Access to genetic resources and benefit sharing
According to the Nagoya Protocol (see Wikipedia) when genetic resources are bought (for example tomatoa seeds) the data of the buyer and seller (or sender and receiver) has to be stored for 30 years.
This project can be used to set up a platform, that enables users to conduct transactions and store the relevant data in a blockchain (BigChainDB).
We are currently working on a prototype. As soon as it will be ready, we will publish the link here.
- User management (user registration, login, logout, password recovery)
- Managing and exploring genetic resources (support for private, grouped and public resources)
- Creating contracts for genetic resources (incl. e-mail notifications, contract confirmation)
- Exploring contracts in the blockchain
The project was programmed using the latest open-source technologies
- Front-end: Angular 7
- Back-end: Java 11, Jetty, PostgreSQL, BigChainDB
About this project
This project is created by CPB Software (Austria) GmbH in collaboration with Vielfalt Erleben GmbH of the Arche Noah association.